Nature Programs for Groups
The City of Raleigh Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources Nature Program offers a variety of group programs at several parks and nature preserves around the City. The City also offers traveling programs that can visit your school grounds. Our programs are arranged at the time and location the group requests and can cover two topics simultaneously.
Programs may be scheduled beginning May 1 for the upcoming school year. We look forward to serving your students!
For more information, please contact the Nature Program at 919-996-6856.
School Age Programs
Our programs offer hands-on outdoor experiences on nature topics that tie into North Carolina science curriculum standards.
- Group Size: 30 students or less (one classroom)
- Chaperones: One per five students is strongly recommended
- Duration: One hour
- Costs: $50 per program (plus a travel fee if we visit your location)
(We are happy to customize programs for your group's needs.)
- Amazing Avians
- Adventures in Aquatic Life/Pond Study (available at: Laurel Hills Park, Powell Drive Park, Durant Nature Preserve)
- Busy Beavers
- Ecosystem Connections
- Exploring Ecosystems
- Habitat Hunt
- Investigating Insects
- Night Hike
- Trek Through the Trees
- Animal Adaptations
- Exploring Soil
- Protecting Our Planet
- Seed Science
Fall Program Special
Join us at the park in the Fall! The temperatures are mild, leaves are changing and wildlife is thriving!
A discount of $40 per program will be offered from Sept. 1 through Dec. 31, 2018.
Preschoolers can learn about nature too! Our hands-on programs can be held indoors or outdoors at your preschool's facility or at one of our City parks.
- Ages: 4 -5 years old
- Size: 20 children maximum
- Chaperones: A minimum of two chaperones per group
- Duration: 45 minutes
- Cost: $50 plus a fee for travel reimbursement
- Animals in Winter
- Bug Safari
- EGGcellent Adventure
- Feathered Friends
- Mini Critters
- My, How You've Changed! (March through October)
- Protecting Our Planet
- TREEmendous Trees
Sign Up Information
- Reservations can be made as early as May 1 for the upcoming school year.
- Early planning and scheduling are advised if you would like an Aquatic Life (pond study) program in the spring.
- A contract and invoice will be emailed at the time of your reservation. A signed contract must be received within 30 days of your reservation date to confirm the chosen dates.
- Payment is due six weeks before the first scheduled program date.
For more information, call Nature Programs at 919-996-6856.
Correlations to North Carolina Science Curriculum
Aquatic Life/Pond Study
Protecting Our Planet