Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources - Rentals & Special Event Venues

Last updated Jun. 20, 2019 - 2:15 pm

The Raleigh Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department offers many different rental and special event opportunities for the public. Whatever you're looking for; we offer a variety of spaces to accommodate your event.

  • Birthday Parties
  • Church Services
  • Conferences
  • Family Reunions
  • Graduations
  • Meetings
  • Receptions
  • School Athletic Events
  • Weddings

Special Event Venues

The Borden Building at Fred Fletcher Park is one of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources' popular wedding venues
  • There are many types of unique venues to reserve throughout the department
  • These venues range from historic chapels to scenic cottages
  • Many of the policies and procedures for unique venues differ from other rentals
View List of Special Event Venues

Athletic Field Rentals

Athletic Rentals
  • Includes baseball, softball, multipurpose fields, open spaces and outdoor volleyball courts
  • Most fields/spaces are available to reserve by the public
  • The Athletics Division handles most of the Athletic Field Rentals
View list of Athletic Field Rentals

Community Center Rentals

Lakey Lynn Community Center
  • There are over 30 centers with rental spaces
  • Rental spaces can range from meeting rooms to dance studios to gymnasiums
  • To reserve community center space, you may contact the specific center
View List of Community Centers & Rentals

Picnic Shelter Rentals

Picnic Shelter Rentals
  • There are over 70 picnic shelters in our parks; most of which are available to reserve
  • Picnic shelters range in size from small to extra large
  • The capacity of a picnic shelter depends on the actual size of the shelter, not the number of tables available
  • Picnic shelters are reserved through community centers
View List of Picnic Shelter Rentals

Birthday Party Packages

Birthday Packages

Looking for a new and fun idea for a birthday party? Let our community centers help you with your next birthday party! Call the community center for package details.

Commercial Use of Park Property

Commercial Use of Park Property Map

Commercial use of park system property requires a permit issued by the City of Raleigh. The permit does not grant exclusive use of space, but provides the permit holder a license for the activity in the designated area. The permit holder and participants must share the designated areas with other users and cannot block public access.

Permit holders must submit a completed application, the $25 permit application fee and a certificate of insurance (COI).

Information on Obtaining a Permit

Was this page helpful? named Raleigh

2nd Most Family-Friendly City

View our accolades >>