Since 1792, Moore Square has been a place of gathering, reflection, entertainment, and recreation for the citizens of Raleigh. The four-acre downtown urban green space was originally conceived as one of five public green spaces for the City of Raleigh.
Moore Square is now open! Subscribe to Moore Square Communications to receive the most updated information to your email inbox on what’s happening in Moore Square.
Location: 200 S. Blount St. Raleigh, NC 27601
Total Acreage: Four acres
Boundaries: The square is bordered by East Martin Street to the south, South Person Street to the east, East Hargett Street to the north, and South Blount Street to the west.
Visitor’s Center: 226 E. Martin St. Raleigh, NC 27601 The Moore Square Visitor Center features a history exhibit detailing the historic significance of the Square and surrounding district to the city of Raleigh and a gift shop featuring local Raleigh goods and unique Moore Square souvenirs. Stop in to learn Moore! The Visitor Center is open seven days a week. Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Square Burger: Enjoy a delicious meal of burgers, hot dogs, salads, and Moore! Operated by Empire Eats, Square Burger is open seven days a week for lunch and dinner! Check out the menu here!
Events and Programs Calendar
Moore Square is committed to providing innovative, creative, and exciting programs that enhance and exemplify the mission, vision, and values for the City of Raleigh Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources Department. Moore Square offers a variety of programs ranging from small programs, medium and large special events.
Our programs and events fall under the following categories:
- Move Moore! - Wellness programming that engages all ages, levels, and backgrounds. Examples include: Shape Up! Fitness series, Yoga Classes, Moore Square Market.
- Moore Kids! - Programs geared towards families with children. Examples include: Giant Game Nights, Children’s Vendor Fairs, Children’s Reading Hour, Wonder Create Explore series
- Moore Square Live! - Programming that brings people together to enjoy the park and be entertained. Examples include: Moore Buskers, Play Moore Music Festival, Roaring Raleigh Lawn Party, Raleigh Rockers Breakdancing Demonstrations, Movies @ Moore
- Create Moore! - Programs that encompass the exciting arts and cultural experiences that make Downtown Raleigh a thriving and inviting place. Examples include: Art Cart, Culture Pop Ups, Handmade Holiday Market
- Tell Me Moore! - Programs that expand the mind and educate on current events, history and a variety of other topics. Examples include: Book Cart, lecture series, History tours, Raleigh Roots History Festival, Moore Square exhibit
Make sure to subscribe to the Moore Square Communications to stay up to date on all the exciting changes, programs, and events coming to Moore Square via email.
Featured Events and Programs
Moore Square Reading Room
The Moore Square Reading Room rolls out every Sunday from 2-5pm! Borrow a book, enjoy a story, or check out one of our free workshops or lectures! Check back here and on the Moore Square program calendar for more information!
Upcoming Reading Room Events:
Poetry Workshop with the Poetry Fox!
Sunday November 10, 4 to 5 p.m.
Let's spend an hour writing like the Poetry Fox! Play fun poetry games, learn new writing techniques, and make your writing come alive with great details! You don't want to miss this awesome FREE workshop!
Made and Found
Saturday, Nov. 9, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Made and Found is a one-day outdoor shopping event in Moore Square on November 9th. This event merges the goodness you already know from The Handmade Market and Urban Vintage. It features a juried selection of the best and brightest artists, designers, vintage, antiques, and crafters from the region. The event is produced by The Handmaidens, in partnership with City of Raleigh Parks & Recreation and Cultural Resources.
Global Holiday Festival
Saturday, November 23, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Join international communities from across the Triangle in celebrating our region’s unique diversity and enjoy a day of food, dance, music, shopping, kids’ activities, and community engagement!
Food and Holiday Cheer
Sample dishes from cultures around the world! Kick back with hot German glühwein or cider while savoring the sweet textures of baklava or Hungarian Chimney Cakes. Hungry for something savory? Vietnamese dumplings, and Dutch fried fish are just a couple of the delicious international dishes you will find. Adult beverages are also available for attendees 21 and older.
Get your holiday shopping done early in the marketplace! Browse booths selling jewelry, crafts, ornaments, and other wares from across the globe and find the perfect gift for the globetrotter in your life. Or pick up something just for you.
Dance and Music
Enjoy free dance and music shows by traditional and modern performers representing traditions from around the world and delight in the festive atmosphere.
Community and Engagement
Engage with cultural groups from across the Triangle and learn about their communities, heritages, and traditional festivities and celebrations.
Bring the kids for interactive arts and crafts, games, dance lessons, and other great activities.
Presented by International Focus
Interactive Water Feature
The interactive water feature is closed for the season. It will reopen in April 2020.
Rules and Regulations
- The Interactive Water Feature will operate daily April 1–October 31 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (weather dependent).
- The water feature is not under continuous supervision and no lifeguard is on duty. Use at your own risk.
- No pets, food, drink or glass containers allowed.
- Water feature availability is weather dependent. You must exit with any sign of thunder, lightning, or severe weather.
- Swim suits and/or appropriate attire must be worn at all times.
- Swim diapers must be worn by children who are not potty trained. Swim diapers are available for purchase in the Moore Square Visitor Center.
- No running or rough play.
- Do not drink the water feature water.
- No skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, scooters, or wheeled toys are permitted in the water feature area.
- Any person violating rules may be required to leave the water feature area.
- In the event of a malfunction, unsanitary condition or any other non-emergency problem, call 919-996-6484
- In the event of an emergency, call 911.
Moore Square graciously acknowledges the following sponsors for their generous contributions to help make Moore Square welcoming, inviting, and fun for the entire Raleigh community:
- Event Sponsors:
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema – Moore Movies
- Program Sponsors:
- Wegmans – Imagination Playground
Moore Square encourages corporate, private and non-profit sponsorship and partnership opportunities. As a sponsor for Moore Square, we believe in customizing a sponsorship opportunity that works for you. From branding and marketing opportunities to corporate giving, we have a broad selection of opportunities that include attaching your name to a single program, a special event, or a series of events and programs. Be an active contributor to Raleigh’s dynamic and innovative downtown cultural landscape and quality of life!
For more information, please review our Sponsorship Prospectus.
Moore Square Director
Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources
Moore Square Rentals
Moore Square offers a variety of rental opportunities from small gatherings to large events. Available rental locations include:
- Central Lawn
- Central Plaza
- Martin Plaza
- Hargett Room
- Blount Room