The Adventure Program offers classes, clinics, trips and camps throughout the city, the triangle area and state. See what we can do for you. You can register for any adventure program online using RecLink, in person at any staffed facility, or by calling the Adventure office at 919-996-6855.
Pool Sessions are open practice times for all levels of paddlers, whether you're working on play boating, perfecting your roll or just wanting to try out the sport.
Location: Optimist Pool
Dates: Nov 3, 17, Dec 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
Time: 5-8 p.m.
Private Roll Instruction
For the boater wanting to take the next step in the kayaking progression, we are proud to offer personalized roll instruction. While everyone becomes proficient with these skills at different times, it takes about four separate, hour-long lessons on average to develop a fledgling pool roll.
Stay tuned for 2018 Oak City Adventure camp offerings. Registration begins on Feb. 1, 2018
- Phone - 919-996-6855
- Fax – 919-831-6470
- Address – 2401 Wade Ave, Raleigh NC 27607
- Office Hours – Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.
In 1984, the Adventure Program was born out of the city's Nature Program. Over the years the goal has always been to provide instructional opportunities in a wide range of outdoor adventure activities as well as:
- Provide enjoyable adventure experiences that embrace experiential learning;
- Create an atmosphere where group experiences foster a sense of team;
- Provide instructional foundations in a wide range of adventure activities;
- Focus on safety issues and manage risks in the most proactive manner; and,
- Provide an opportunity for environmental appreciation and stewardship.