Coats Cause We Care Children's Coat Drive and Giveaway
”Coats Cause We Care” is a community service event where individuals, private and public sector organizations that care about their community provide new or gently used/clean coats for children in the Raleigh area. Our goal is to provide 500 coats to children in need!
The coat giveaway event is November 23 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Sgt. Courtney T. Johnson Community Center.
How do I get involved?
Volunteer as a Coat Captain
Gather new or gently used/clean coats on hangers from your friends, neighbors, your place of work and or your closet. Please take these coats to a designated drop off locations.
Drop off Locations
- Anne Gordon Center for Active Adults
- Barwell Road Community Center
- Sgt. Courtney T. Johnson Center
- Brier Creek Community Center
- Lions Park Community Center
- Greystone Recreation Center
- Roberts Park
- Laurel Hills Community Center
- Marsh Creek Community Center
- Abbotts Creek
- Jaycee Park
- Green Road Community Center
We will need volunteers to organize the coats on Friday, November 22 at the Sgt. Courtney T. Johnson Community Center from 2 to 8 p.m. We will also need volunteers to help registration and find appropriate sizes for the children on November 23. To register, contact Grady Bussey at 919-723-1014.
- Nov 23, 2019
- 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Sgt. Courtney T. Johnson Community Center
- 1801 Proctor Street
- Raleigh, NC 27610
For more information, contact
- Grady Bussey, 919-723-1014