Final Dorothea Dix Park Community Meeting
Meeting is Feb. 6 at convention center
The City of Raleigh is excited to announce the release of the draft Master Plan for Dorothea Dix Park. The creation of Dix Park is a once-in-a-generation opportunity – to build an urban park of this size in the heart of a city that is to become a transformative public space for our community.
Join us for the final community meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 6 at the Raleigh Convention Center to learn about the Master Plan, celebrate the dedication and support from the community and hear about the next steps in bringing the vision of Dorothea Dix Park to life - including ways to get involved.
The Dorothea Dix Park Master Plan includes:
- A statement of core principles
- An analysis of the site’s history and existing conditions
- A proposal for six distinct landscapes and unifying framework throughout the park
- Suggestions for programming (playgrounds, building use, gardens, plazas, sports fields, etc.)
- Recommendations on implementation (next phases of work, funding tools and partnerships)
Want to know more? Check out our FAQ here for a breakdown of the information included in the draft Master Plan. Printed copies of the draft master plan are available for viewing at all community centers throughout the City. There is one printed copy per location for public review.
The diverse input from our community over this 18-month process has directly informed the vision outlined in the Dorothea Dix Park Master Plan. We are grateful for each contribution made to help Dix Park become a park for everyone, built by everyone.
The public comment period for the draft Master Plan was from Jan. 4 – 18, 2019.
- Final Community Meeting
- Feb 06, 2019
- 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Raleigh Convention Center, Ballroom B
- 500 S Salisbury St
- Raleigh, NC 27601
For more information, contact
- Dorothea Dix Park, 919-996-4916