Fred Fletcher Outstanding Volunteer Award Nominations 2019
Since 1996, the City of Raleigh Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department and the Parks, Recreation, and Greenway Advisory Board have awarded Fred Fletcher Awards for Outstanding Volunteerism in the City of Raleigh parks system. The Fred Fletcher Volunteer Awards Program honors Mr. Fletcher’s 54 years of dedicated service to the department as an Advisory Board member and chairman by honoring volunteers who have made outstanding contributions to the programs, services, and facilities offered by the Department. Mr. Fletcher’s unwavering support and commitment to the “benefits of parks and recreation” provided significant enrichment to the lives of citizens in Raleigh.
Individuals, businesses, community organizations, and non-profit organizations that have contributed their time, talents, and resources to our park system may receive this honor. The 2019 awards will be presented at a celebration at Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts Fletcher Theatre in Raleigh on Thursday, May 9, 2019.
We invite you to join the staff in nominating some of our dedicated volunteers. Some of the potential award categories include (see all categories by viewing the nomination form):
- Outstanding financial contributor;
- Outstanding volunteer group/organization;
- Outstanding teen volunteer; or,
- Outstanding specialized recreation volunteer and more!
For a nomination to be eligible it must meet the following criteria:
- A nominee may be nominated in only one category by the same person.
- Only one nomination per form.
- All nominations and supporting materials must be postmarked or submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 25, 2019. Supporting materials may include letters, press clippings, videotapes, or any other material that may be helpful in the selection process. These materials will not be returned.
- Nominees for a given award category may not have previously received a Fred Fletcher Outstanding Volunteer Award.
- The nominee must be an active Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Volunteer during the past year.
Nominations will be evaluated using the following general criteria:
- Nominee’s intensity of service
- Nominee’s active involvement within the past five years
- Nominee’s commitment to Raleigh Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources
All nomination forms and supporting materials must be submitted to Mary Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan 25.