Winter Trout Stocking at Lake Wheeler
The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission is expanding seasonal angling opportunities by stocking surplus trout in select bodies of water this month. Starting Tuesday, Dec. 18, there will be a mix of Brook, Brown, and Rainbow Trout released into Simpkins Pond located in Lake Wheeler Park. There will be approximately 1,200 total specimens released.
The following regulations apply:
- Seven (7) trout per day creel limit;
- No minimum length limit and no bait restrictions;
- Trout may be harvested year-round;
- Lake Wheeler Park daily or annual Fishing Permit required; and,
- North Carolina State fishing license required (Trout Stamp will not be required).
For further information regarding the trout release, please contact the Lake Wheeler Park office at 919-662-5704.
- Lake Wheeler Park
- 6404 Lake Wheeler Road
- Raleigh, NC 27603
For more information, contact
- Lake Wheeler Park, 919-662-5704