Raleigh Transit Authority
- December 13, 2018
- 3:30 p.m.
- December Agenda
- Municipal Building
- 222 W. Hargett St.
- Council Chambers - 2nd Floor
- Raleigh, NC 27601
- Recent Minutes
Established in the City Code to set general policy within funding and budgeting parameters approved by the Raleigh City Council. The Authority is comprised of nine citizens who are appointed by the Raleigh City Council. Authority members serve for two year terms without pay.
Established by Ordinance No. (1975) 785.
The Raleigh Transit Authority (RTA) conducts regularly scheduled, monthly business meetings. All Authority meetings are open to the public. The dates and locations of all Authority meetings are publicized. Regular business meetings are normally scheduled at 3:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of the month, September through May. Occasional, special "called" meetings may be held. The Authority also encourages public input.
Finance and Policy Committee
- Meeting Schedule: First Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.
- Members: Anthony Pecoraro - Chair, Jason Horne - Ex-Officio, Michael Stevenson
Reviews any budget/financial issues referred from the Transit Authority and other sub-committees as well as studies questions/policies related to transit and the GoRaleigh Access program.
- Meeting Schedule: First Tuesday at 11 a.m.
- Members: Chair - Ray Magsanoc, Ex-Officio - Jason Horne, Sherita McCullers, Karen Rindge
Studies questions dealing with routes, services, passenger amenities.
- Meeting Schedule: First Thursday at 12 p.m.
- Members: Chair - Tolulupe Omokaiye, Jason Horne - Ex-Officio, Linda Wire, Christopher Jones
Formulates annual marketing program for Transit Authority approval and monitors program execution by staff.