Peace Street West Streetscape
- Streetscape Project
- $2.2 Million
- Roadway Design and Construction (Lead)
- Design Consultant - Cole, Jenest, & Stone
Updated June 27
We are accepting construction bids for this project through July 30 at noon.
The Peace Street West project will consist of streetscape improvements between Saint Mary's Street and West Street.
The project will include:
- New brick paver sidewalks along both sides of the corridor;
- Street trees with grates;
- Pedestrian ramp upgrades;
- Traffic signal upgrades with mast arms;
- Driveway consolidation;
- Undergrounding of some overhead utility lines along the corridor; and,
- Water and sanitary sewer repair work from Bellwood Drive to West Johnson Street.
- St. Mary's Street Intersection
- Gaston St to Boylan St
- Boylan Street to Glenwood Ave
- Glenwood Ave to West St
|February 5, 2015||Public Design Meeting|
|Spring 2017||City Council Presentation|
|March 2019||Right of Way and Easement Acquisition|
|July 2019||Advertise Construction Contract|
|Summer 2019||Award Construction Contract|
|Fall 2021||Complete Construction|
Peace Street west was previously placed on hold to wait for funding to cover right of way acquisition and construction. The project was recently included in the 2013-2014 Capital Improvement Program, completing the remaining funding necessary to proceed with the project.