Lower Longview Stream Bank Repair
- Stream Restoration
- Stormwater Management (Lead)
- Brown and Caldwell, Inc.
- River Works, Inc.
Posted Thursday, May 10
The construction contract for this stream restoration is being prepared. During this time, the City also will be getting necessary easements from property owners for this project. Construction is expected to start this spring.
The primary goal of this project is to repair 500 feet of eroded stream bank running north of New Bern Avenue at Longview Lake Drive. Repairs will include:
- Introducing plants to the stream to provide stability;
- Lowering the slopes above the normal flow line of the creek;
- Extending a stormwater pipe that goes to the creek in order to prevent erosion in the future; and
- Protecting the outlet of the stream.
|Fall 2017||Project design complete|
|Spring 2018||Project construction begins|
|Summer 2018||Project construction complete|
This project is associated with additional efforts to restore Lower Longview Lake Dam.