Lower Longview Stream Bank Repair
- Stream Restoration
- Stormwater Management (Lead)
- Brown and Caldwell, Inc.
- River Works, Inc.
Posted Wednesday, Dec. 19
Construction for this project is complete. The City repaired the stream at Lower Longview Drive by stabilizing the area. This reduces erosion and protects the stream. Planting along the stream bank will take place this winter.
The primary goal of this project is to repair 500 feet of eroded stream bank running north of New Bern Avenue at Longview Lake Drive. Repairs will include:
- Introducing plants to the stream to provide stability;
- Lowering the slopes above the normal flow line of the creek;
- Extending a stormwater pipe that goes to the creek in order to prevent erosion in the future; and
- Protecting the outlet of the stream.
|Fall 2017||Project design complete|
|Spring 2018||Project construction begins|
|Late Fall 2018||Project construction complete (Planting to take place this winter)|
This project is associated with additional efforts to restore Lower Longview Lake Dam.