Western North Ridge Stormwater Improvements Phase I
- Storm Drainage System
- Stormwater Management (Lead)
- Dewberry Engineers, Inc. (Design)
Construction funds for the first phase of this project have been reallocated to address funding needs for other stormwater projects that are ready to begin construction.
The design, which is 60 percent complete, is on hold until further notice. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Questions? Contact Gilles Bellot, PE, 919-996-4001.
This project will improve the storm drain system:
- From the intersection of Tanbark Way and Pinebark Court;
- Going across Tanbark Way down to Harps Mill Road;
- Across Harps Mill Road to Grist Mill Road; and,
- To an outfall at North Ridge Country Club Lake.
Improvements will be made in this area where the stream channel is restricted and where there is severe erosion. The downstream channel also will be repaired to address flooding and stream erosion concerns along this portion of the stream.
The project may also include water quality improvements to meet regulatory requirements and to address water quality concerns within the Perry Creek Watershed.
- Roadway overtopping of Grist Mill Road.
- Grist Mill Road and right of way flooding.
- Private property flooding.
- Yard and channel flooding.
- Dated and undersized stormwater infrastructure off Harps Mill Road.
|Fall 2017||Project design modeling for Phase I|
|Late Fall 2018||Final design plans began|
|TBD||Project design for Phase 1 & 2 complete|
|TBD||Easement acquisition and permitting process complete|
|TBD||Project construction bid and award complete|
|TBD||Project construction complete|
This project is located along the western drainage basin to the North Ridge Country Club Lake, which is in the Perry Creek Watershed.
A history of flooding events in the area resulted in public meetings in April and June 2006, which initiated this stormwater project. An engineering study was completed in December 2006, which recommended improvements to the existing storm drainage systems at Tanbark Way, two locations on Harps Mill Road, and the system crossings at Grist Mill Road.
The goal of the project is to reduce street and structural flooding and provide Tanbark Way, Harps Mill Road, and Grist Mill Road with a 10-year level of service. The project also will improve water quality of the Perry Creek Watershed.