Fire Station 11 Renovation
- City Facility - Fire
- $2.1 million
- Construction Management (Lead)
- City of Raleigh Fire Department
- Huffman Architects (Design)
- Engineering Construction Company (Construction)
Posted Monday, Nov. 4
Engineering Construction Company (ECC) was awarded the construction contract for this project. Construction is about 98 percent complete.
The contractor has:
- Worked on the foundation of the fire station;
- Built an apparatus bay; and,
- Finished interior renovations and the roof.
The purpose of this project is to make necessary renovations to Fire Station 11, which will include making improvements to the dormitory bay and bathrooms along with the dayroom bay. Renovations to the dayroom bay include the kitchen and watch room as well as expanding the two equipment bays to accommodate a larger ladder truck. Expansion of the equipment bays may include increasing the bay height.
|Spring 2017||Project design begins|
|Summer 2018||Project design complete|
|Late Fall 2018||Project construction begins|
|Late Fall 2019||Project construction complete|
Completing renovations to Fire Station 11 will help enhance the functionality of the station and allow for it to continually meet the growing needs of its service area.