Geographic Digital Data Services
We manage the enterprise GIS database which contains hundreds of layers of information including buildings, parks, administrative boundaries, zoning and aerial imagery to name just a few.
Open Raleigh GIS Data
A one-stop source for geospatial digital data, services and information, Open Raleigh GIS Data can be used to search, discover, view, access and download the City's geospatial resources. Open Raleigh GIS Data provides access to a wealth of geographic information and data from the City's geospatial warehouse. Data is available for download in a variety of formats.View Open Raleigh GIS Data
Download GIS Data
Countywide digital downloads are hosted by Wake County GIS and can be found on their Data Download web page. Parcel, street centerline, topographic, planimetric, zoning, and a variety of other digital data is available in shapefile format. Digital orthophotography is available in MrSID format.
If you want to create your own maps from a variety of layers or look up property information, visit iMAPS, our online mapping application.
A variety of print ready PDF maps are available in our Map Gallery.
Digital Data DVD's
In addition to making our data available for download, we also provide our GIS data on DVD.
- Standard - the GIS division provides a collection of standard digital data CDs or DVDs for a minimal fee.
- Custom - the GIS division provides custom digital data sets to the general public on an hourly fee basis if their needs cannot be met by any of the previous methods.
How can I get the City of Raleigh's GIS digital data?
Data can be ordered over the phone by calling GIS at 919-780-4472 or by visiting us in Suite 807 of 1 Exchange Plaza.
What formats are available?
We distribute our data in two formats: Shapefile and Personal Geodatabase Feature Class. The files are then compressed using WinZip.
What software do I need to view the city's data?
ESRITM products are needed to view shapefiles and feature classes. Most CAD software can also import shapefiles files, but they are best viewed with an application such as ESRI'sTM ArcGIS.
How much does the data cost?
We offer three standard City of Raleigh DVDs for purchase. These are:
- Topo and Planimetrics - $100
- 2009 Orthos (MrSID) - $100
- Miscellaneous Data - $50 (includes Annexation History, CAC Districts, City Council Districts, Conservation Areas, Drainage Basins, Greenway Trail Structures - greenway bridges, Greenway Trails, Greenway Properties, Historic Districts, Map Key Grid, Parks, Planning Districts, Raleigh Police Department Beats, Raleigh Police Department Districts, and Solid Waste Services Collection Days.)
Do I have to buy a DVD to use the city's data?
No. If you want to view maps or look up owner information on the internet, visit our online mapping application - iMAPS. You may also download GIS data provided online for free. Printed maps and other services are available, but are subject to a minimal fee.