St. Patrick's Day Parade, Events to Have Heavy Impact on Traffic
A series of events on St. Patrick's Day weekend this year will have a significant impact on traffic in Downtown Raleigh. Motorists should be aware that many streets will be closed throughout the weekend.
The following roads will be closed from 6 p.m. on March 16 until 11:59 p.m. on March 17:
- Fayetteville Street from Martin Street and the south end of City Plaza; and,
- Davie Street between Salisbury Street and Wilmington Street.
The following roads will be closed from 8 a.m. until noon on March 17:
- Polk Street between N. Wilmington Street and N. Blount Street;
- North Street between N. Wilmington Street and N. Blount Street; and,
- N. Wilmington Street between Peace Street and E. Lane Street.
Also, Morgan Street between Fayetteville Street will be closed from 9 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. on March 17.
The following parade route will be closed from 9:50 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. on March 17:
The route will begin at the intersection of Wilmington Street and Lane Street;
- The parade will turn south on Wilmington Street;
- Turn right on E. Morgan Street;
- Left on Fayetteville Street;
- Right on W. Martin Street; and,
- Left on S. Salisbury Street to finish.
On March 17, Tucker Street will be closed from 10 a.m. until 11 p.m. between Glenwood Avenue and the entrance to the 510 Glenwood Parking Deck. Also, Glenwood Avenue will be closed between North Street and Lane Street and West North Street will be closed between Glenwood Avenue and Blue Ridge Realty parking from 6 a.m. on March 17 until 2 a.m. on March 18.
Also, a road race will impact traffic at Dorothea Dix Park from 6 a.m. until 10:30 a.m.