Peace Street West Streetscape
- Streetscape Project
- Roadway Design and Construction (Lead)
- Design Consultant - Cole, Jenest, & Stone
The design for this project is 80 percent complete and City Council approved the project design presentation on April 4. Land acquisition is scheduled to begin and the project is tentatively scheduled for advertisement in Spring 2018.
The Peace Street West project will consist of streetscape improvements between Saint Mary's Street and West Street.
The project will include:
- New brick paver sidewalks along both sides of the corridor;
- Street trees with grates;
- Pedestrian ramp upgrades;
- Traffic signal upgrades with mast arms;
- Driveway consolidation; and,
- Undergrounding of some overhead utility lines along the corridor.
- St. Mary's Street Intersection
- Gaston St to Boylan St
- Boylan Street to Glenwood Ave
- Glenwood Ave to West St
|February 5, 2015||Public Design Meeting|
|Spring 2017||City Council Presentation|
|Winter 2018||Right of Way and Easement Acquisition|
|Spring 2018||Advertise Construction Contract|
|Spring 2018||Award Construction Contract|
|Summer 2019||Complete Construction|
Peace Street west was previously placed on hold to wait for funding to cover right of way acquisition and construction. The project was recently included in the 2013-2014 Capital Improvement Program, completing the remaining funding necessary to proceed with the project.