Blue Ridge Rd. Bike/Ped Improvements from Trinity Rd. to NCMA
- Bicycle/Pedestrian Project
- $250,000 (for preliminary design)
- Transportation Planning and Programs (Lead)
- City of Raleigh Department of Transportation (Lead)
- A. Morton Thomas & Associates, Inc. (Project Design Consultant)
- Northwest and West (CACs)
The City is looking to complete bicycle and pedestrian improvements to Blue Ridge Road from Trinity Road to just north of Reedy Creek Road in Raleigh, NC. The objective of this project is to fill bicycle facility and sidewalk gaps along this roadway. This will include concepts to provide pedestrian and bicycle facilities over Wade Avenue to improve connectivity in the corridor between the NCSU Biomedical Campus, State Fairgrounds, Arena Complex, NC Museum of Art, Rex Hospital, and the Reedy Creek Greenway Trail. The project will be completed in two phases:
- Phase 1: Develop design concepts for pedestrian and bicycle facilities in the corridor, including right-of-way and construction estimates, project delivery schedules, and potential funding sources. Public involvement will be critical during this phase as the public input will dictate the selection of a preferred alternative. The final goal of phase 1 is to develop cost estimates to apply for federal funding for right-of-way and construction. Schedule: On-going to Summer 2017
- Phase 2: Carry forward a recommended alternative through final design to construction/bid documents. Schedule: TBD.
The project is an implementation step of the Blue Ridge Road District Study.
The City of Raleigh anticipates submitting for a grant to help cover construction costs through the CAMPO Locally Administered Projects Program (LAPP).
|August 2012||Adopted District Plan|
|July 8, 2016||Walking Audit with Corridor Stakeholders|
|September 12, 2016||Design Charrettes|
|September 15, 2016||Appearance Commission and Parks, Recreation, and Greenway Advisory Board Presentations|
|September 19, 2016||Bicycle & Pedestrians Advisory Commission Presentation|
|Fall 2016||Preliminary Design and Cost Estimate|
|October 2016||LAPP Funding Application Due|
|Spring 2017||Project did not earn 2018 LAPP funding|
|Future||Final Design and Construction|
For more information on the history of planning and implementation in the Blue Ridge Road District, refer to the Stud Implementation Page.