Dorothea Drive Culvert Replacement
- Culvert Replacement
- Stormwater Management (Lead)
- WK Dickson
Posted Wednesday, Dec. 19
We are in the process of selecting a construction contractor for this project. This includes:
- Publicly advertising the project for construction;
- Identifying the contractor with the lowest bid to make sure that the project is within budget;
- Entering into an agreement with the selected contractor after the bid is approved by Raleigh City Council; and,
- Finalizing a construction contract before work can begin.
Questions? Contact Todd Rall, stormwater project manager, at 919-996-4006 or Tod.Rall@raleighnc.gov.
The intent of this project is to replace the culvert that runs under Dorothea Drive with a new, updated stormwater structure that will allow the stream to flow better and reduce localized flooding of the area. The project also will address and eliminate existing public utility concerns and allow this section of Dorothea Drive to meet current City street and sidewalk design standards.
|Fall 2018||Project design complete|
|Fall 2018||Easement acquisition and permitting process complete|
|Late Fall 2018||Project bid for construction|
|Spring 2019||Project construction begins|
|Summer 2019||Project construction complete|
Initially, repairs were made to the existing box culvert after City staff found sink holes at several locations along the culvert. It was determined after the repairs were made and the structure was further assessed that the culvert presents significant structural concerns and needs to be replaced.